Friday, January 24, 2014

The jig is up

and my secret is out!
I've hidden it from Mommy and Daddy since the day I walked through the door.

Last night they found out...
**insert dramatic music**
I'm afraid of the dark!

 photo dark02_zpsb11436c1.jpg

At night, Mommy always has the light on above the kitchen sink. Well last night she forgot!
So after we were all playing in the living room, I ran out to the kitchen to get some water. But I stopped dead in my tracks. It was pitch-black!
I wasn't going in there by myself! What if Jason was standing next to my water bowl?! Or The Creeper?! Or Norman Bates?!
And you know what else?! I'm pretty sure I heard Freddy's razor fingers clanking around in there!

So I sat near the kitchen doorway and barked and barked and barked and barked and barked and barked and barked until Daddy came in to see what was wrong. He then flipped on the light and I happily trotted over to my water bowl and wet my whistle.

Now here's the deal...
No on else knows about this and if you tell anyone this story I will deny it!!
All while giving you the "stink eye."

 photo dark01_zps0d354a02.jpg

Like Bill did about Monica.

 photo dog_paw_zpsef6e3240.gif



5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......it's all mommy's fault for leaving the light on in the first place...but I guess we mommy's do that for our baby's.

Judi Hunziker said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.

Peri said...

Shame on Mom for forgetting! What if you had hurt your tiny self in the dark? You were SO brave for barking and letting Daddy know there was a big problem! It isn't that you are afraid of the dark but that there is so little natural light in your area (I have been there and I remember that) that your eyes don't have enough light to let you see and you are, therefore, blind. That is what is scary! But it is only a temporary situation..just a little bitty amount of light is all you need and you can see. So don't be upset...it is perfectly natural! You barked because something was really wrong...if you cannot see at night you cannot protect the house!! Makes perfect sense to me!

Carol Roll said...

OMG Stella you are so funny and smart. You have them trained!

Raymond Homestead said...

Oh my gosh Stella, what were they thinking, forgetting to leave the light on for you! It must have been awful to be so thirsty yet not being able to get to your water bowl! Well at least you got the situation corrected and we will just have to hope this never happens again! Oh... and don't worry, your secret is safe with me!