Sunday, July 14, 2013

I am very sad.

A few days ago my internet friend Tarryn the Sheltie from Nebraska, went to Rainbow Bridge. She was almost 15 years old.
I wish I could show you how beautiful she was. But this darn computer won't let me save her photo! Mommy couldn't save it either. But trust me when I tell you, she was a real looker!!

Anyway, she has been through a lot this past year. Last summer she had a stroke. But her human Mommy never gave up on her. She carried her wherever she needed to go and worked with her trying to make her better.
Over time she was able to crawl. Then her Mommy worked on getting her to stand. She did! Then one day when her Mommy forgot to give her a treat, so she took a few steps!! It was a miracle!!

But recently her kidneys started to fail and her Mommy and Daddy knew it was time to say goodbye.

Goodbye, Tarryn.





My Beloved Master
Unknown

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say
"Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.




 photo dog_paw_zpsef6e3240.gif



5 comments:

Carol Roll said...

oh i am so sorry to hear about Tarryn and the poem just broke my heart. our furbabies are so special to us.

Earlene Landis said...

~TEARS~
Hugs
Earlene

Peri said...

Tarryn now gets to play with HookyCat, Stella! Lots of running and playing and laughter when Tarryn's Mommy and Daddy and CatMomma and I go to sleep! I know Tarryn's Mommy and Daddy will miss her, but the poem will help them. It helps me.
You are a good dog!
Love,
CatDaddy

Susan said...

Tarryn can also chase Pludoe, Esther Fay and Milo and it will be fun for all. Time makes everything easier. Hugs from Auntie Susan

Raymond Homestead said...

Very sad. Hugs.