Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Independence Day!!!

What better way to celebrate our nation's birth than to talk about my awesomeness, right??!!

 photo flag1_zpsb62d1efb.jpg

Did you know that I am considered "The American Gentleman?" Well not me personally because I'm a girl, but my breed the Boston Terrier is!! (I think we need to change it to "The Awesome American Gentleman.")

I go far back as 1870! I was bred in Boston, Massachusetts. My ancestor from way back then was named "Judge."
Maybe Judge Reinhold? Or Judge Wapner? Who knows?! But he was famous, like me!

I am part English Bulldog and part white English Terrier. But the English Terrier is extinct. I couldn't believe it!
Maybe it's because they smoked cigarettes. You know, like the dinosaurs. I bet you didn't know that, huh? See! You learned something.
It wasn't an asteroid. Or a volcanic eruption. It was Lucky Strikes.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a swell Independence Day!!

I know I will. I plan on dining on all the carpenter ants that have surfaced since we got all that flooding.
I especially enjoy it when one crawls around in my mouth then latches itself up in my gums. Then I spend 20 minutes licking the air until Mommy sees me licking the air, knowing I have a carpenter ant stuck in my mouth and she comes and pulls it out.

Yes, I'll be doing that all day tomorrow just like I did all day today.

YaY me!!

P.S.
My dinosaur theory could be wrong. I bet Wikipedia has the answer.
((giggle))

 photo dog_paw_zpsef6e3240.gif



4 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

That's interesting Stella, I didn't know all that, except the part where you're awesome, that I did know! What a great picture, I can tell you love the flag! Enjoy your ants!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Stella - you are awesome!

Carol Roll said...

Stella so funny! Boston Terriers are so precious and yes amazing!

Peri said...

Hi Stella,
Happy day after the 4th of July! It must be cool to have a breed that has a history! I do not need that because I am a Golden Cat...all special and awesome like you! I do not eat carpenter ants but I do eat silverfish...they make your spit foam up and it scares CatMomma! Cool...she said that she used to eat chocolate covered ants when she was young....I have not seen any here at all. Chocolate is not good for animals. But as for dinosaur theory...you might be right. I think they smoked that funny kind of cigarettes....the whacky kind. Not good for them for sure! At least they didn't show up because of the flooding.That would be not awesome. Have a fun weekend eating ants!
Your friend,
Zipper