Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Something happened as I slept...

Somehow soft, cloth tape "mysteriously" appeared on the inside of my floppy ears!

 photo stellaears1_zps252497f1.jpg

Mommy says I look adorable. But I'm not so sure.

For someone who's a licensed hairdresser, her scissor skills are something to be desired. Did she cut that tape blindfolded and with her feet??!!
(I'm so embarrassed)

 photo stellaears2_zps6877dab0.jpg

Even Gracie didn't recognize me! But when she did, I heard her giggle under her breath.

 photo stellaears4_zps562c6ad3.jpg

OMG! I hope Chesty doesn't see me like this!!
I'll be mortified!

 photo stellaears3_zps1c9213a7.jpg

Maybe I should wear a scarf? A sombrero? A beret? A 10 Gallon Hat? A Dolly Parton wig??

"Tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen; pour myself a cup of ambition, and yawn, and stretch, and try to come to life..."

 photo dog_paw_zpsef6e3240.gif


7 comments:

earlene said...

Ok what is it for?

Stella BostonTerrier said...

Miss Earlene, some Boston Terriers need a little help to strengthen their ears when they don't stand up on their own. Mine needed some help so Mommy put some tape on them. I don't even know it's there, unless I look in the mirror.

Judi Hunziker said...

Hey Stella, I had one ear that stayed limp unless I got excited about getting a treat until I became more mature as mommy says. If you get any ribbing from Gracie, tell her it is the new fashion trend in doggywood. Paws from Cooper the Corgi ♥

Stella BostonTerrier said...

Thanks, Cooper!! My real mommy's ears are floppy but I'm hoping mine won't be. My human Mommy took the tape off last night, but I want it back on!
She said she'll put it back on over the weekend.

Peri said...

Good Morning! I went to the vet and went to sleep and woke up with lots of my fur gone and my butt area kinda hurt a bit. What's a little tape? At least you still have all your fur!
Don't worry, your ears will be stiff soon enough...then you will look more like your sister, Gracie! Bet she didn't think about that when she giggled!
HookyCat

Raymond Homestead said...

What happens if you don't strengthen the ears, will it cause problems?

Stella BostonTerrier said...

No fur on your butt??!! Yikes, Hooky!!!
Miss Mindy, us Bostons are known for our expressive eyes and perky ears. Also, floppy ears doesn't allow proper air circulation which can lead to ear problems for me. :(